SEO vs. PPC: Which Works Best?
SEO vs. PPC: Which Works Best?
You’re looking to boost traffic to your website. But you’re not quite sure whether to use SEO vs. PPC.
Search engine optimization and pay per click advertising both drive search traffic. These highly effective search engine marketing tools are essential to the success of your digital marketing campaign.
Let’s examine what these tools are and how they’re used, so you can choose the best one for your business.
What Are SEO and PPC?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of boosting your website’s visibility in the unpaid results of search engines (like Google). These results are often referred to as organic or natural results.
SEO utilizes strategic techniques and tactics for ranking your website in search engines. That way, your website turns up higher in users’ search results, improving your chances of getting more visitors to naturally explore your website.
Pay per click (PPC) is a method of advertising where advertisers pay search engines and social media platforms whenever their ad is clicked. You’re driving traffic to your site by buying online visibility. For many website owners, PPC is a better option than attempting to earn visits from organic search, especially since it gives immediate results.
What Are the Benefits of SEO and PPC?
SEO and PPC both offer benefits for your marketing campaign, but each has its unique strengths. Let’s take a closer look.
- Affects organic, shopping, and media results.
- Shows high effectiveness consistently over time.
- Increases the value of websites.
- Provides the potential for residual benefits even after budget dwindles.
- Delivers immediate results.
- Helps you dominate search results in your keyword category.
- Remains effective even if your site isn’t search engine optimized.
- Delivers more conversions with highly optimized keywords.
When Should You Use SEO and PPC, and Why?
SEO vs. PPC are two different approaches, each with different strengths and limitations. For an optimal return on investment, it’s important to know when to use each one.
Try SEO if you’re looking for:
- Consistency. It takes time for results, but once you get to the top, you can enjoy sustained traffic.
- Website Value. A website is basically real estate in the virtual world, so increase its value with SEO.
- Online Authority. Smart SEO planning can increase your web authority, making you a go-to resource in your niche.
- Return on Investment. With SEO, your investment can prove fruitful even after your funding runs out.
Consider using PPC when you want:
- Immediate Results. PPC delivers results fast, which makes it a great tool for launching and promoting new products or services.
- Highly Targeted Traffic. PPC can narrow down your prospects according to a specific demographic, or even target them through remarketing.
- More Conversions. Optimized ads increase the likelihood of converting visitors.
- More Traffic, Without SEO. If it’s not feasible to optimize your website with high-quality content for better search rankings, you can still generate traffic using PPC campaigns.
Bottom Line: Try Using Both
While SEO and PPC have unique benefits for your campaign, it’s often a good idea to implement both methods wisely in a well-planned marketing strategy.
Try running a PPC campaign first to generate faster results. Test keywords to see which result in the most conversions. Then, implement those keywords in your SEO campaign.
SEO can be your go-to Internet marketing option if you have a limited advertising budget. On the other hand, PPC wins if you have a high-converting product or time-sensitive offer.
Avoid relying on just one of these channels. Instead, use each of them based on what your website needs for more online visibility.
We recommend you contact Omaha SEO Company for more information or to take care of all our marketing business needs.
Omaha SEO Company
We are premier internet marketing company providing:
- Omaha SEO services
- Website Design
- Local SEO
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- And More
Our goal is to continually over-deliver to each and every client we work with. We are a team of SEO experts, web design wizards, social media master-minds, and online reputation management specialists. With over 10 years of experience we have developed a system that insures the success of our clients.
Our SEO agency is here to ensure your website is ranking high. Our goal is top position. Exactly where the best most qualified traffic is. Give us a call for your FREE Consultation.