Are People Reading Blogs Anymore?
The short answer is yes, and people will certainly be reading blogs for years to come. Although, how people read blogs is changing a lot. What follows is a more detailed discussion regarding how people are starting to read blogs, and what bloggers can do to keep their readers engaged.
Are People Reading Blogs Anymore?
According to Statistics
According to the latest blogging statistics, an overwhelming 77 percent of Internet users report frequently reading blog content. Yet, despite a consistent increase in the number of people reading blog posts, how they read them is changing. The average reader only spends 37 seconds reading a blog post today. Most people are unlikely to read an entire blog post from start to finish in this amount of time. Instead, readers will scan for the information they are looking for.
How Bloggers Need To Adapt to Changes
Blogging is still relevant in 2022, but the spotlight is on content marketing and how multiple pieces of quality content carried across different channels can benefit your website. It is not about blog posts anymore, it is about different, easy-to-find content pieces within the post.
More than ever before, it is essential that bloggers create skimmable content for readers, so they can quickly locate the answers they are looking for and move on with their busy lives. One of the most important aspects of creating content is choosing a blog layout and design that encourages your readers to come back for more. In the end, people read blogs because they are looking for solutions to problems they have. A blog is often one of the best online solutions for finding answers.
Why Do People Still Read Blogs Today?
People read blog posts for many reasons. Bloggers can drive traffic by understanding what people are looking for within the content. Below are some of the most common reasons people read blog posts today.
- Find answers in the quickest time possible
- Learn a new skill by using a guide
- Watch a video tutorial that walks them through completing a certain task or gain understanding
- Follow the teachings of an expert within a particular niche
- Solicit advice on a forum of a relevant blog topic
- Get relevant news or updates on current events and happenings
- Connect with other like-minded individuals
- Help with a decision when buying a new product or service
- Better understand how a newly acquired product or service they purchased works
Best Design Practices for a Blog People Will Read
With well over 4 billion people using the Internet today, there is an unprecedented level of competition to not only grab the attention of the readers but also to rank in search. There is truly a race to the top of the mountain when it comes to providing useful, valuable, and accessible content to people around the world. A successful blog will deliver content to readers in a format that readers want to consume it in.
Tips for Designing a Blog
- Create a clear blog headline that describes what the reader will get from the article.
- Have a clickable table of contents near the top and then a scrolling table of contents menu that moves along with the reader, through the length of the article. This will make it easier for readers to jump around and find the answers they are looking for.
- Choose readable fonts that are easy on the eyes.
- Organize your layout to make it easily accessible.
- Utilize high-quality images.
- Consider the page load time.
- Include compelling calls to action.
- Remember there is a fine line between creative and cluttered.
- Encourage engagement from the reader.
- Make your layout audience relatable.
The Target Audience
You will need to learn how to find your target audience if you want to build a real business around your blog. When starting a blog, the most important thing you can do is develop a deep understanding of who your blog audience is. This will help you build the foundation on which your blog can grow.
To start, focus on solving or discussing real problems that people face. When you have found your perfect target audience, you will be able to write articles your audience will want to read. Over time you will get to know your audience and which topics are more popular.
Blogs can be high-quality sources of reliable information and educational resources for people anywhere in the world with an Internet connection. For that reason alone, blogs will be here to stay for a very long time. However, as a blogger, you will need to put in the work to make sure you create, high-quality, useful content and a user-friendly design.
Additional Information: 13 Ways to Improve Blog Readability
Omaha SEO Company | Providing the BEST SEO Services in Omaha
We are a premier internet digital marketing company providing:
- Omaha Search Engine Optimization SEO services
- Online presence
- Website Design
- Local SEO Strategy
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- And More
Our marketing services goal is to continually over-deliver to each and every client we work with. We are a team of SEO experts, web design wizards, social media masterminds, and online reputation management specialists. With over 10 years of experience, we have developed a system that ensures the success of our clients with our products and services.
Our SEO agency is here to ensure your website is ranking high. Our goal is the top position. Exactly where the best most qualified traffic is. Give us a call for your FREE Consultation.